The Center congratulates Margaret Gaffney, MD, who was among the nominees named by students at the Indiana University School of Medicine for the 2008 AAMC Humanism in Medicine Award. This honor recognizes faculty members who embody “the importance of humanistic qualities and the enhancement of the interactions between medical school students and faculty. The presence of a caring, compassionate, and collaborative learning environment serves as positive reinforcement to prospective physicians of the desirability of such qualities in the doctor-patient relationship”. Dr. Gaffney won the award from the IUSM in 2004 and, thus, is not eligible for the honor this year.
- Wednesday, August 23 - TREATs presentation - "Community Consent in Emergency Medicine Research - Jack Hosty - 1:00 p.m. - HITS 3139 1 week ago
- Seminar: How will we train tomorrow's health leaders? Suzanne M. Babich,DrPh, MS - August 8 @ 12:00 noon - Rotary Building Room 121 2 weeks ago
- @SenToddYoung - Please oppose the Senate health care bill. Work with Democrats to fix Affordable Care Act 1 month ago
- Dr. Kim Quaid will present "Research Misconduct" on June 29, from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. in Center for Bioethics Conference Room, HITS 3139. 1 month ago
- Author Alice Dreger, Ph.D. will present "A Key Limitation and Danger of the Electronic Health Record (EHR)" 2:00 p.m. 103 Glick Eye Inst. 1 month ago