The Center congratulates Margaret Gaffney, MD, who was among the nominees named by students at the Indiana University School of Medicine for the 2008 AAMC Humanism in Medicine Award. This honor recognizes faculty members who embody “the importance of humanistic qualities and the enhancement of the interactions between medical school students and faculty. The presence of a caring, compassionate, and collaborative learning environment serves as positive reinforcement to prospective physicians of the desirability of such qualities in the doctor-patient relationship”. Dr. Gaffney won the award from the IUSM in 2004 and, thus, is not eligible for the honor this year.
- Author Alice Dreger, Ph.D. will present "A Key Limitation and Danger of the Electronic Health Record (EHR)" 2:00 p.m. 103 Glick Eye Inst. 1 day ago
- Alice Dreger, Ph.D. will present "A Key Limitation and Danger of the Electronic Health Record (EHR)" 2:00-3:00 p.m. Glick Eye Institute-103 1 week ago
- Monday, June 12 - 12:00 noon - "Ethical Issues Raised by Pervasive Health Data Sharing" - T.J., Kasperbauer, Ph.D. - HITS Building 3139 2 weeks ago
- Jane Hartsock, JD., Asst. Professor, Medical Humanities will present "Authorship: What's old is new again" on Thursday, June 1 at 12:00 pm 1 month ago
- On May 19, Dr. Michael J. Barry will present Early Detection of Prostate Cancer, 2017: Let Well-Informed Men Help Decide. 304 Emerson Hall 1 month ago